Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Loading my Bookshelf

I started at the University of Alabama, as Information Security Analyst, last Thursday. I was thinking about it that night and came to the realization that, though I have had cabinets that locked and offices without doors, this was the first time I have had both an office with a door that locks and locking desk drawers - AND I have shelf space for books.

For several years, my wife, as she progressed through her Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees, amassed more and more books into her reference library, utilizing every bookshelf in the house and acquiring new ones. Meanwhile, I have had only a couple of shelves of space on which I could keep books. The result was that I massed gigs of ebooks and PDFs into a digital library too vast for me to easily read. Now, I have the space and opportunity to bring my library out of the corners and into the light.

Here are the book titles I have selected to begin the loading of my office bookshelf:

No comments: