Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Zen Moment

This morning, while driving my 2 hour commute between Charlotte and Columbia, I had a moment.

Things were rumbling through my mind as I drove:
  • TD0013 is such an odd character, as I listen to "A Different Point of View"
  • I haven't listened to Wingin It or Slice of Scifi in a long time
  • Looking forward to the 7 hour drive back to Alabama Friday night
  • Looking forward to seeing the family this weekend
  • Sorry that I could not see Toni on Valentines Day
  • Thinking about what I could accomplish today on my projects
  • Monitoring the speed and keeping an eye out for cops
  • Wishing I had taken it a little slower on this tank of gas for better fuel efficiency
  • I must remember to send Matt Selznick a twitter to thank him for DIY Endeavors #65

Then, something odd happened. It felt like a shift or refocus of attention - Like when you suddenly identify a sound you have been hearing for a while but only really just noticed it, or when you are looking at something and it "clicks" and suddenly makes sense.

All of a sudden, all my chatty thoughts were quiet, the day was beautiful, and I was centered and at peace. The feeling stayed with me for about 30 seconds, before my mind began to have chatty thoughts again.

I'm at work and the chatty thoughts abound again, but if I stop and think about that moment, I can again have a moment of peace.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This moment of clarity brought to you by the Empire, and ADPoV.

I'm from the Empire.

I'm here to help.

Your welcome.